Sunday, September 21, 2014

Au Petit Salut

To celebrate a birthday, we went to Au Petit Salut. At Sin$38++ for set lunch, I guess it's considered decently priced given that the eateries at Dempsey are generally pricier. 


For starters, we got the Baked Burgundy Snails. I seldom eat snails but everytime I eat them, I can't help but think about the snails that are always on the pavement after the rain. Almost like eating mussels or clams, the snails were chewy and soaked in the the piping hot tomato fondue and herb garlic butter. After the richness of the tomato and garlic butter falls away, there is a slightly unpleasant taste of snails though.


For mains, I got a Risotto with Prawns, Baby Scallops, Squid, Arugula and Parmesan. I am not someone who enjoys cheese. Unfortunately, this was very cheesy (I should have read the menu more carefully). Ignoring the cheese aspect, there was plenty of fresh seafood in this dish.


For desserts, I got the Valrhona Dark Guanaja 70% Chocolate Gataux, Coffee ice cream. For this dessert, you had to pay an extra Sin$6. Anytime a dessert has cocoa content of 70% and above, I would definitely be having it. This dessert didn't disappoint and was an exploration of textures. The smoothness of the coffee ice cream which rested on a bed of crunchy crumbs, together with the luscious chocolate cake was a definite treat.


The food was more than what I would usually pay for a meal. In terms of value, I would say that it's only worth spending this amount for the ambience. Food was good but it wasn't worth its price. Service was attentive.

Au Petit Salut 
40C Harding Road
Tel No: 6475 1976

0 comments:

Post a Comment