Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Diamond Kitchen

If I had a list for best food I had this year (which I don't), this restaurant would definitely make it into the list. 


Located at a condominium in the East, the last time I came to this condominium was more than a decade ago when I attended my primary school friend's birthday party.

We basically ordered everything from their specialties list.


We got the Three Eggs Chinese Spinach ($18) which contained egg whites, salted egg and century egg. Speaking of century eggs, I recently read this article which talks about how toxic chemicals are used to hasten the egg-festering process. My philosophy in life is that everything should be in moderation- as long as I don't eat century eggs on a regular basis, I guess the article isn't going to stop me from enjoying this occasionally! The use of wolfberries was clever- look at how much colour it adds to this dish!


We also got a Pumpkin Bean Curd ($18) which was bean curd covered with a generous serving of pumpkin sauce. It's supposed to come with pieces of prawn, crab meat and scallop but the taste of the seafood got masked by the stronger flavours of the pumpkin sauce.


We also tried the Champagne Pork Ribs ($18) which was very tender and the sauce was delicious.


This was really a highlight- the Superior Stock Clam Beehoon ($24). The stock was rich with clam juice with a medley of other flavours I couldn't really identify. So complex and satisfying at the same time.


If you don't know what it means to have an addiction, these Salted Egg Sotong ($12) will patiently explain to you while you undergo cold turkey, trying to stop your hands from inching the chopsticks nearer and nearer... Give up.

I am not a fan of salted egg but this just went perfectly well with the sotong. It was crisp, not oily and salted egg didn't overpower the sotong.


The Gan Xiang Fried Rice ($12) was also something special I have never tried. For those who can't take spice, I suggest you don't try this. It's very fragrant and tastes like fried curry rice. Needless to say, this was a well-executed plate of fried rice where every rice grain was distinct.


Reservations is a must here. One day in advance may not be sufficient- try one week. Service can be a little slow- people have said that the service is bad. What we have experienced is that they may be slow but they are not rude. Worth a go!

Diamond Kitchen
Laguna Park Condominium
5000F Marine Parade Road
#01-22/23
Tel No: 6 4480629 

0 comments:

Post a Comment