Sunday, February 24, 2013

Chiso Zanmai

Having heard about the spread at Chiso Zanmai, we headed down to try the Japanese buffet. As the Singlish adage goes, "good things no cheap, cheap things no good." 


From the way some of the sushi were wrapped, I kept my expectations for the sushi low. Indeed, the rice was a little hard. I can't vouch for the freshness of the food also as one of the prawn sushis tasted really weird.


Deep fried food sure appeals to me. Here, you can try some Takoyaki Octopus Ball, Stir Fried Udon Noodle, Tompeiyaki Pork and Cabbage Omelette etc. Problem is most of the food were actually served cold, not sure how long ago they were cooked.


You could also make your own ramen although I gave this a miss because I didn't want to waste my stomach space on carbs.


Some of the appetisers included Chilled Tofu, Edamame, Potato Salad etc.Of all of them, I tried the Chilled Tofu which was nothing special.


More deep fried items including my favourite Prawn Tempura and White Fish. The Chawanmushi was too salty. The Deep Fried Tofu with Light Soy Sauce had a gooey layer which was quite unappetising.


Desserts are always my favourite section. The best was the green tea tiramisu as it was light and not too sweet. The rest were pretty average.  


Although $19.90++ is a really cheap price to pay for a weekend lunch buffet, I wouldn't come here again. Lots of natural lighting made this place comfortable. But the food really awaits improvement.

Chiso Zanmai
The Central
6 Eu Tong Sen Street
#02-17
Tel No.: 6 221 3177 

0 comments:

Post a Comment