Saturday, December 29, 2012

Ramen Keisuke Tori King

I went to Tonkotsu King more than a year ago. Seeing how many reviews there were about the new Tori King selling ramen with chicken thigh in chicken broth, I decided to hop by. This is the third restaurant by Keisuke Takeda in Singapore. 


We didn't take very long to get in, but that was probably because we were kiasu and went rather early.


Interesting Japanese posters and newspaper articles around the restaurant. I liked the beansprouts because they did not taste raw and were rather appetising. As for the spicy sauce which was apparently "very hot", it barely made the mark of being spicy in the first place.


I had the Tori King Ramen with Flavoured Egg ($13.90). It was a large piece of chicken thigh with meat that shredded off easily. The thigh is simmered in soy sauce overnight for the flavour. Once again, the stock was too salty for me, just like the one at Tonkotsu King. The flavoured egg was made to perfection, with it being half runny yet staying mostly intact.


It makes a lot of sense for you to write your name on the slips of paper given so that your orders would not be mixed up. Servers were friendly. Overall, I liked the ramen minus the stock which was too salty for me. Might not have queued up for it if the queues were long!

Ramen Keisuke Tori King 
100 AM
100 Tras Street
#03-15

0 comments:

Post a Comment