Saturday, October 6, 2012

Riders Cafe

Someone holds me safe and warm, horses prance through a silver storm.

For those who actually watch Disney cartoons, you will find the above lyrics pretty familiar. We were hoping to see some horses at the Saddle Club. Unfortunately, as it rained before that, no horses were in sight. This place is difficult to get to by walking, so it's ideal to drive in.


We reached at 11:06 a.m., just 6 minutes after the breakfast cut-off time. The waiter when handing us the menus told us that breakfast was over. With pitiful looks on our faces, we asked if it was possible to still order the breakfast items. He asked the chef and they said yes! How accommodating.


As we went on a weekday, it was pretty empty all the way until around 1 p.m. when the place became full.


I got a Blackstone Benedict with Bacon & Tomatoes, Poached Eggs & Hollandaise on rustic Sourdough ($15). Don't laugh, but this is the first time I'm eating eggs benedict. If I never eat it, I will never understand why people love it so much right. So I realised that Hollandaise is actually an emulsion of egg and yolk and butter and other seasoning. 

I like the way the eggs were poached nicely, runny but not too runny. I haven't eaten bacon for something like 2 years and this was done just right, not too fatty but just enough fats to make it moist. The juicy tomato and the hollandaise sauce seeped into the bread which made it a pretty satisfying eat. But truth to be told, I'm not much of a brunch person. So, while I find this pretty good, I probably won't pay this to eat such a dish. 


I also got a Death by Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice cream ($12). On the menu, it was stated that it takes at least 12 minutes to prepare this dish. Well, this is a whole new level of sinfulness and decadence. Two of us shared this and it totally filled us up. It was incredibly moist and warm and all that chocolate sauce was moderately sweet. That intense shot of chocolate was just wonderful. But don't attempt to eat it on your own, or you might really get death by chocolate cake in the long run.


After lunch, we took a stroll around the place and took a few pictures. Lovely place with colonial buildings which transports you out of the busy life just for a while. Service was good. Although I have some issues with the wooden tables which were pretty sticky. One of the waiters who helped remove my dish had quite some trouble trying to remove it. But overall, a wonderful place if you are a brunch person.

Riders Cafe
Bukit Timah Saddle Club
51 Fairways Drive
Tel: 6466 9819 

1 comments:

In this blog of yours, I found so many interesting themes and even if I did not yet responded to none, you to know that I read them with great interest. Success.

Post a Comment