Saturday, January 7, 2012

Olive Tree Restaurant

After a very short break from this buffet-eating business, here I am again, just because my mum wanted to clear some vouchers. Olive Tree gave me a pleasant surprise! 

Lots of natural light entering the restaurant. The stations are pretty far away from each other but I will climb mountains and swim across oceans just to get to my food. (Figuratively, obviously. I wouldn't have that kind of strength after gorging my face with good food.) 


Here's just a glimpse of some of the food you will see at the buffet. It includes Indian food (roti prata with curry), Western food (sausages, spaghetti, fish fillet fingers, deep fried chicken wing), salad, Chinese food (porridge with assorted condiments, dim sum, kueh pie tee) etc. 

There was also a selection of sushi to choose from, along with all the sauces and wasabi. 


The seafood section has scallops, crab claws and prawns. The first scallop I took was fresh. However, the second one wasn't that fresh. The prawns were very fresh, across the board, including those from other dishes.


There were stations manned by chefs, such as the laksa section, teh tarik, waffle and roti prata section.


The dessert section is placed right at the entrance, probably to entice customers into the restaurant by the dainty looking desserts. There is the kueh that we are familiar with, cakes, fondue, ice cream, pudding etc. However, I bemoan the fact that there is no durian related dessert and that the dessert selection is still considered quite small. The ang ku kueh skin was too thick but that's hardly consequential and doesn't  make this buffet any less delightful.


Overall, the quality and quantity of the food made it a very satisfying lunch. I love that the food is fresh, piping hot and that a great variety was offered. There was so much food that I didn't even get to try some of the food. It's also great that the chefs diligently refilled the food as well.

This is the weekend international high tea (12.30 pm to 4 pm) ($38++) which is cheaper than the weekday buffet. ($45++) I don't know where the logic lies but I'm not complaining that it's cheaper even though it's weekend lunch.

Olive Tree Restaurant 
InterContinental Singapore
80 Middle Road
Singapore 188966
Tel No: 6825 1061

0 comments:

Post a Comment