Friday, December 16, 2011

Strictly Pancakes

I went to Strictly Pancakes on my own  (yes, I'm a loner) on a Friday afternoon. By the way, just a mini rant, I'm hoping one day servers will stop giving me the pitiful look and say, "Oh.. for one..." Anyway, there was no space for me. But I have been wanting to come to Strictly Pancakes for so long, that it just didn't make sense if I didn't try it, even with the negative reviews online. So, I decided to make do with sitting outside. 


I ordered a Garlic Buttered Prawns ($14++), which according to the description, is a medium stack served with prawns buttered generously with garlic and cherry tomato salad on the side for an aromatic, mouth-watering treat. Buttered generously, yes. (Just look that pancakes swimming in the sea of butter!) Prawns were small and there were only a few, although the prawns were chewy and fresh. Truth to be said, I actually prefer Mcdonald's pancakes. The pancakes here are fluffy, but they are a little dry. 

I'm pretty sure the butter and garlic is supposed to seep into the pancake but it sounded a little too overwhelming and I decided to pour some maple syrup over it instead. The sweetness reduced some of the gelatness of the garlic butter. And needless to say, I didn't apply any of the butter provided. Butter + more butter = ?? 


Service wise, I didn't get the poor service that many people got but it was not like their service was anything to shout about- decent I guess. I wouldn't pay this price to eat pancakes there again. I'd rather go to Mcdonald's and then add whatever stuff I want to it- probably at half the price. But for the novelty, and for satisfying my long-time craving, fine. 

Strictly Pancakes 
44A Prinsep Street
Singapore 188674
Tel: 6333 4202

0 comments:

Post a Comment