Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hei La Moon (Boston)

This is actually my favourite dim sum place in Boston, although it's still nothing compared to REAL dimsum in other countries. But, make do with it, it's by far the BEST in boston.

The interior looks just like a chinese banquet restaurant- big, spacious and red. There are waitresses who are wheeling the carts around for you to pick your dimsum. I have gone there five times. Sometimes, I get disappointed because they don't have my favourite egg tarts. Do not go too late, (i.e. 2 pm) because the dimsum starts to dwindle and you might not be able to get all the good stuff.

So the stuff I always order include the siew mai, har gow (shrimp dumpling), char siew sou (bbq pork rolls), porridge with century egg, egg tarts (if they even have it), glutinous rice wrapped in leaf, and black bean pork. The ingredients are usually fresh!


The more adventurous can try the chicken feet.

I don't really fancy their soy beancurd, nor their mango puddings. So this probably isn't a place i would go for dessert!

For the price, this place is also great value. Gather a large group of friends, and you will see how much fun you can have, when paying so little money!

Rating: 3.8/5

Hei La Moon
88 Beach St
Boston, MA 02111

1 comments:

I recognize those gold gilded red chairs...I was here a few years ago!!! Their pai gu rou is fantastic

Post a Comment